Located on our 20 acre ranch in York Region, we house 10 guests, typically for 3 months each, in a safe and comfortable environment, for men 18 years old and above. We believe that guests must become self supporting through their own efforts. It starts with doing your share of chores around our Ranch – cooking, cleaning, caring for animals. Then, over a three month stay, our tailored program moves into skills training, employment readiness, connecting to the local 12 Step Groups and volunteering in our local community.
Finding and keeping gainful employment requires life skills necessary to be a productive member of society. For many, these skills have been neglected or never learned. Respect for others, time
management, and dealing with authority are some of the areas we address. Everyone who comes into STEPS has to be ready and willing to work.
We have a strong professional team that provides counselling tailored to the needs of each individual in a confidential and respectful manner. With many of our staff in recovery, we are able to provide quality care to our guests with empathy and understanding.
All guests must be willing to participate in all aspects STEPS Program, which includes daily chores around the ranch, skills training, and participation in our work program and community.
- Private room and all meals
- Safe and comfortable environment
- Exercise room
- 1:1 and group therapy sessions
- Acupuncture and guided meditation
- Structured recreational and leisure program
- Fellowship with other guests
- Access to our daily 12 Step meetings
- Access to our 6 week Job Prep workshop
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR STEPS?
- We assess each individual on a case by case basis and will accept those who we have determined to have an established degree of clean & sober time.
- We are not a detox facility. We require guests to arrive clean and sober.
- Candidates must be physically capable to contribute to our working ranch.
- Willingness to join the community and share responsibility on a daily basis. All tasks related to the operation of the community are divided among the guests in a fair and reasonable manner.
- Financially able to contribute. All contributions are pooled into our Community Contribution Fund that is used to help approved graduates transition back into society.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to stay sober.
- Willingness to consent to random drug testing.
Friend or family member?
We encourage your loved one to demonstrate his willingness by calling us himself. We use the 12 Step model of recovery.
Health Care Provider?
We operate a cognitive recovery program that requires total abstinence. We would be delighted to have your referral.